What Is Cosmetic Dentistry?
It entails dental procedures and treatment protocols that elevate a smile’s aesthetics. Cosmetic dentistry addresses any issues affecting the teeth and gums enough to tamper with the general appearance of your smile. Ideally, if you want a Hollywood celebrity-like smile, you can bank on cosmetic dental procedures. Cosmetic dentists can influence your smile regarding shape, size, color, and spacing of teeth.
Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
Cosmetic dentistry procedures vary in invasiveness, length, and duration. It largely depends on the underlying oral problem. The common treatment protocols we offer at Elite Dental Implants and Orthodontics cosmetic dentistry are:
- Enamel bleaching – entails using whitening products to bleach teeth’ enamel to improve their appearances.
- Dental veneers – features tooth-colored porcelain shells that repair the front surfaces of teeth, masking the underlying problems. Dental veneers are very versatile, claiming most treatments in cosmetic dentistry in Pleasanton. The better news is that porcelain veneers make for sturdy and life-like restoration. You can hardly distinguish them from natural teeth.
- Dental bonding – is also called composite bonding. It is typically an alternative to dental veneers, employing tooth-colored resin material that repairs and restores teeth. Composite bonding can perform similar modifications as dental veneers quicker and within a shorter period.
- Gum reduction surgery – entails a surgical procedure for treating a gummy smile by reducing the gum tissue that shows when you smile.
- Clear braces – are inviable teeth aligners praised for being virtually invisible when you smile. These braces allow you to undergo orthodontic treatments for realigning teeth to promote an even smile.
- Dental bridges and dentures – are oral appliances that replace missing teeth. They are tooth-colored, closely matching the appearance of natural teeth.
The Types of Patients Who Visit a Cosmetic Dentist
Any person can visit a cosmetic dentist. You only need to be discontented with a feature of your smile. You can benefit from a cosmetic dentist near you if you have any of the following dental issues:
- Spaces between teeth
- Yellowed, darkened, or generally discolored teeth.
- Crooked smile – usually when teeth are malpositioned.
- Broken, cracked, or chipped teeth.
- Worn-down teeth.
- Gummy smile.
- Missing teeth.
- Black triangles between teeth – typically due to gum recession.
The Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry is a crucial part of dental care because it offers unmatched dental experiences for patients. Some of the benefits you obtain from cosmetic dentistry are:
- Quick fixes – you may not have to wait for months before you can achieve drastic changes in your smiles. With procedures like composite bonding, you can be in and out of the dentist’s chair in about 45 minutes.
- Various alternatives – there is something for everyone in cosmetic dentistry. For example, if you prefer shifting teeth using braces, you can get clear aligners. Alternatively, you can benefit from dental veneers or composite bonding if you prefer a shorter route to straight teeth.
- Drastic changes – any transformations you want for your smile can happen within the confines of cosmetic dentistry. You can improve the color of your teeth even up to 4 shades whiter than the initial color. The better news is that you can achieve natural-looking results thanks to tooth-colored dental materials like composites and porcelain.
How to Find the Right Cosmetic Dentist for You?
It is not just any dentist in Pleasanton, CA, you should entrust with the responsibility of transforming your smile. Cosmetic dental procedures require a high level of precision and meticulousness to achieve incredible results. Some tips for finding the right cosmetic dentist are:
- Experience – consider your dentist’s experience regarding cosmetic dental procedures. The more teeth’ they have worked on over the years, the better they are at transforming smiles.
- Referrals – get insights from other patients who have modified their smiles before. If a dentist did it well for one patient, they can do the same for you.
- Credentials and Certifications – check the certifications of your dentist before considering them for your cosmetic treatment.
- Consider the payment plans – cosmetic procedures are generally not covered by insurance companies as they are elective procedures. Therefore, find a dentist who offers flexible payment plans that can much your needs.
- Convenience – undergoing a cosmetic procedure for your smile should not tamper with your day-to-day life. Find a dentist who is open on your convenient days and hours, whether on weekends or at night.